Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My Dream

Last night, I dreamed Beth and I were in the car.

I was driving.

We both fell asleep.

I woke up and Beth was leaned over sideways in front of me, still asleep.

And her hair/head was in my face.

So I was slowing down and at the same time screaming at her to wake up.

(In the dream, her hair was in my face and my voice was muffled, almost like it would be if her hair was IN my mouth)

but she wouldn't wake up (she was fine, just really asleep).

I hit the brakes as hard as I could while trying to keep the wheel straight.

and we got stopped.

safely.

no problems.



So... get this... Beth woke me up (in real life, not in the dream).

She says I was sleeptalking and my voice was really strange. She could tell that I was probably yelling in my dream.

She said I was pressing against her feet with mine (braking).

She said I was shaking -- especially my arms (steering & turbulence).



And when I woke up, I was fine -- it wasn't like waking up in horror or anything.

It was just an adventure.

But I had been horrified in my dream.

It wouldn't have surprised me in the least if I'd waked up screaming and shaking and sweating.

And it's the first time in forever that I woke up with a vivid, detailed memory of a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment